Thursday, March 16, 2017

Arthur's Pass National Park

Bailey Motel
 We got to our accommodations after dark so what a beautiful scene we woke up to the next morning.  It was beautiful mountain country.  We were just outside the National Park.

 Avalanche Falls
 Our first stop was Avalanche Falls.  It was a short 5 minute hike to see the falls and then down to a church that had a view from the window.  I asked the kids how looking at something God created while listening to His word would be.  I guess I need to remember that feeling each Sunday as I worship at church.

Devil's Punchbowl Falls



Devil's Punchbowl was a longer hike, only 1 kilometer each way, but over 250 stairs each way as well.  It took us a little while to make it there, but it was worth it.  I love waterfalls!  We ate lunch on a platform  at the top of the hike.

1 comment: