Saturday, January 6, 2018

Suva

Cola-I-Suva Rain Forest
Our next destination was Suva, the capital of Fiji.  We stayed at a little cabin in the Cola-I-Suva Forest Park.  It was a little oasis just outside of a busy city.  The first day we attended the temple.  The second day we did some shopping, and played in some natural pools in the forest.



 Suva, Fiji Temple
Rachel Singleton, one of my Kaysville Young Women, served her mission in Fiji.  She was able to help us contact Melissa who watched all 5 children while Kyle and I attended a session at the temple.  It was a wonderful experience.

The Nativity Scene at the Temple

There was a series of naturally formed pools just 10 minutes from our cabin.  We had to hike down ( and therefore back up), but they were fun.  We tried a few different pools.  Unfortunately this is the resting place of my phone ☹☹☹  I took pictures on the hike down and then I have no idea where it ended up.  We searched everywhere we could think, but it was not found.  Thank-goodness Kyle had at least taken a few pictures of the beginning of our adventures.


We visited the Fiji Museum, which helped us learn about Fiji's history and then took a short stroll, because it was hot, through some gardens.




No comments:

Post a Comment