Saturday, March 3, 2012

Happy Birthday! Dr. Seuss


It was Dr. Seuss day at school on Friday.  Zachary dressed up as a Star Bellied Sneech.   He was pretty excited about the nose.  The entire week they read Dr. Seuss books and he brought home numerous worksheets and projects centered around the books.

Eric also had a week centered around Dr. Suess books.  He made a 'Cat in the Hat' hat, truffula trees, and my favorite, a giant green egg on which he had written his own little bit of the story.  It said "I do not like ________ and __________. I do not like them." ______ said.  He filled in the blanks with potatoes, peas and Eric.  I guess his Idahoan mother has not created dish with potatoes that is tasty enough for Eric.

Anyway, happy birthday to Dr. Seuss.  I have to say I enjoy his books and so do my children.

2 comments:

  1. Yes I like green eggs and ham - and potatoes and peas too. And I especially like my kids and grandkids!

    ReplyDelete