Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Eric's Big Day

Happy Birthday Eric!!!
~~~~~~

Eric's birthday was a big success. He received plenty of Spiderman paraphernalia: a costume, a transformer, a 'tag' book (it uses a special pen to read and play games), and an umbrella. He also got some other books and a giant airplane. His cake is a rocket ship and it is covered in one of his favorite things, chocolate frosting.

~~~
Eric's birthday also gave me an excuse to finish a project I have been meaning to do. When we moved in there was a place on the wall, in the master bedroom that had measurements of their children as they grew up (of course they could not take theses with them). Another home we looked at had a piece of the molding that had been cut out of their previous home. I decided I would see how my kids grew, but take it with us, without cutting up the house. SO, I bought a piece of molding and painted it. It is now hanging by our laundry room. I was happy with how it turned out. We measured all the children on Eric's birthday.


Below is Eric opening his umbrella and the family singing before Eric blew out
the candles on his cake.

5 comments:

  1. I love the measuring trim. I sure hope those boys don't grow as tall as the purple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MiKell, you should post a mini series featuring your new home. Give us a nice tour since most of us (your family and friends)live too far away to just drop by and say hi :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. The trim is such a great idea!!! I have already started marking my walls but as you said you can't take that with you. I am glad Eric's birthday was a success. Happy Birthday, Eric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh.... and

    Happy Birthday Eric!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad Eric had a good birthday and I wish I had measured my kids as you all grew. One of those things you can't do later.

    ReplyDelete