Sunday, January 8, 2012

Our Holiday Vacation: Part 1


We had a great holiday vacation. We left December 17th (the day after Zachary got out of school) and returned January 2nd (the day before he went back to school).  We were able to spend time with family and saw our parents and all of our siblings and their families.  I'll do a few posts about our time vacationing.

PART 1:  BEFORE CHRISTMAS
We started at a hotel in New Orleans.  It was beautiful weather and we spent some time playing ball.  We also visited Santa's Workshop while there but I forgot the camera.

Monday, bright and early (5:00 am) we went to the airport where I and four kids boarded a plan bound for Salt Lake City.  I must say that overall it was a good experience.  The flight attended commented that I should receive a medal because I was brave enough to fly with four kids on my own.  I replied that I was not brave just crazy.  The kids did a great job traveling and we were happy to meet Grandma and Grandpa at the airport.  We spent the next week at my parents in Idaho Falls.  What Fun!!  We went to the Zoo with the Simmons' family.  We decorated cookies and delivered them.  We had a great family home evening with extended family, where the kids painted stars.  We visited Great Grandparents.  And we had a great time playing with all of Grandma's toys!!!

While waiting for the Simmons' family we decided to take a picture to prove we had been in a snowy place.



Our beautiful, delicious cookies

At the zoo with Elden.



Wendy proud of her star.
Zachary and Eric intent on their paining.


Grandma Great reading to the kids.
Hyrum in the toy drawer
The boys loved playing with Legos which were
played with on the card table so a certain
little one would not eat the pieces.









1 comment:

  1. This is mom, I have some of the same pictures. I loved having your family here!

    ReplyDelete