Saturday, September 1, 2012

A little, long nature hike

Today we went to the park.  After the kids played for a few minutes we (MiKell, Zachary, Eric, Wendy, & Hyrum) decided to go on a nature walk.  Please note that Kyle was not listed among the walking participants, that was because he was asleep in the van.  We saw a lot of fun things on our walk: a vulture, beautiful butterflies, flowers, a lake, a white bird, ants, and a worm.  We had a great time and did not notice that the time was flying by.






 When we got back to one of the pavilions and took a rest, a police car came driving up with Kyle close behind.  The police asked if I was MiKell, and then Kyle jumped out of the van and hugged, hugged, and hugged me.  He had woken up to no wife or children.  At first this did not worry him, but after 10 min he started looking.  He yelled at every pavilion, went to every bathroom or shed he could see, pounded on doors, and finally after his extensive search yielded no results he went to the police whose office happens to just be around the corner from the park.  The kids and I in our nature walk bliss never heard him yelling.  Our walk ended up being almost an hour long, so I can see why Kyle was worried, but I truly did not realize that I was scaring years off my dear husbands life.  I took a nap this afternoon, and when I woke up and told Kyle I was sorry I had slept so long, he replied, "At least your husband and kids are here when you woke up."  He is right I do love my family and would never want to be without them.  Hope you enjoyed sharing in the excitement of the Flamm family today.

1 comment:

  1. Don't give your husband a heart attack. It's not good for a marriage.

    ReplyDelete