Monday, August 12, 2013

First Day of School

Zachary was excited to be starting school and being a part of the "Pathways program" the districts gifted program. He gets to go to a special class for 5 hours each week.  His teacher Mrs. Peeler seems to be perfect for him; stays to a schedule, expects good behavior, but allows plenty of questions.  Here are his words about the first day of school, "It was good.  My teacher thinks I am super smart, and I have made many friends.  Everything is going good."


Eric said about the first day, "My teacher is Mrs. Ross.  I liked lunch, and I liked my snack.  I liked my friends.  I have a friend by me at the school bus."  This was great to hear after his morning started a little grumpy (as can be seen in the picture above)  The only person in his class that he knows from last year is Madeline.  He was super excited about this because she is his friend who he might marry when he gets big.  :)  He was also leery of riding the bus home this year.  That problem was worked out when he found that Whitman another friend from last year is on the same bus.


 Here are Hyrum and Wendy getting ready to go meet the bus.  We walk down to the corner and have a grand time with pinecones, weeds, and sticks.  Although it sure is a hot wait.





2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you posted pictures. This has made Elden more excited for school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. School already? How can you stand it? Okay, I will admit that I enjoyed some time without all the kids at home, but I really had a hard time when school began each year. I have a hard time adjusting schedules I guess. The kids look great though.

    ReplyDelete