Saturday, July 10, 2010

Leigh Lake

What a beautiful place!!


We just got back from a wonderful camping trip to Leigh Lake in Grand Teton National Park. Kyle took the top picture using a stitch feature on our camera. I think it turned out amazing. We canoed most of the gear in and the kids and a couple of adults hiked in, about 2.5 miles. Both Zachary and Eric were great hikers. Wendy rode on our backs and was very content. Both the boys loved the beach, and Zachary was brave enough to take a few dips in the glacier fed lake. Brrrrrrrrr!!! We were able to see a little wildlife. The deer simply walked through camp. Although the mosquitoes were thick sometimes, and we all got dirty we had a great time. It is amazing what children can do to entertain themselves when there isn't TV or all their many toys available. Heavenly Father really knows how to make beautiful places, I'm so grateful we were able to spend a few days enjoying this wonderful world.



All the Kyle Flamm family was there and we were joined by my mom and dad, my older brother Kyle and his two oldest girls Katelyn and Addison, and my younger sister Shanalee and her little boy Elden. Here is a picture of all the cousins minus Wendy who was just too little to explore with us.

3 comments:

  1. What a great trip!! I agree with you, Heavenly Father does know how to make great places. Some of our best family memories are made in the outdoors enjoying his beautiful handiwork. Looks like a wonderful place to visit and with a great family. I love the picture Kyle did with the top picture. I wish I could figure out stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope to see you again soon (-:

    ReplyDelete
  3. We really had a good time. Thanks for getting us back to Leigh Lake.

    ReplyDelete